crazed ninjas anonymous

Saturday, April 22, 2006

A New Post-- By Request

So I'm writing this post simply because a pretty girl told me that I should. So I'm doing it. It's funny to be writing late at night, I can't really think of anything to say, and at the same time I can't really think of anything not to. Life has been fine lately, moving craziness aside. It is beginning to hit me that May will be my last full month in Waterloo before I leave. I hope to come back for school next year, possible to UW. I'm thinking religious studies. I've always enjoyed debating theological stuff, although debatably, it's not so much the debating itself that I enjoy as it is winning debates and wowing the heck out of people. In either case, I'll be happy to be back east again. I'm going to miss everyone and everything here so much. Especially the pretty girl mentioned at the beginning of this post. It's going to be hard go. Such is the cross I am called to carry. It will undoubtedly be painful. It is strange to see something and feel nostalgia rather than familiarity. I rode my bike down a trail that a buddy and I found back in 2004. I distinctly remember the first time we rode on that trail; it was one week before I went for my black belt test. The trail goes under Lexington Road, which is on a bridge over the creek. Farther downstream from the bridge, there's a place where we would just spend an afternoon bumming around, occaisionally trying to boil tea in a tin can over the open fire. Last time we did that we got chased out by the fire department. I digress. But anyways, I was feeling kinda down and out last Friday night and decided to bike down there. Sitting on a park bench, it really began to hit me how attatched I really am to this place. Don't get me wrong, I don't think emotional attatchement to a particular location is an altogether bad thing. However, it hurts like hell to leave. I am constantly told that I'll make new friends there. I believe this is true, but part of me doesn't WANT new friends. I love the people I know here. God help me, I'm holding on so tightly to that which I cannot have. However, I've resolved to enjoying my final month and a bit over a half with everything I've got. Every moment with my friends, every hour with my girl, every breath of crappy Waterloo air as I jog down King. I'm learning to thoroughly enjoy the time I've been given. It's weird to hate it all and love it at the same time. I'm exciting and scared all at once. Where will life take me? Who will I be? Will I ever be able to afford a good tattoo? (sorry I couldn't resist.) Questions we all ask at some time or another. Hopefully we can all find some decent answers. I leave you my wishes for your best luck in finding your answers. Leave me your comments in return.

4 Comments:

  • this girl you speak of seems pretty darn lucky to be able to spend time with you. i bet she looks forward to spending as many hours with you as possible. before you leave.. and when you come back.

    By Blogger Iara, At 9:34 PM  

  • as does the boy...

    By Blogger Brahm, At 9:35 PM  

  • Thanks for your comment on my blog...
    Dr. Howdy Whoami

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:11 PM  

  • Hey Brahm,
    I love reading your blogs!
    moM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home