crazed ninjas anonymous

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Late Night Rambling

I've noticed that I often write here on my blog only when my creative juices begin flowing late at night. Take now, for instance. It is quarter after eleven in the evening, and I have the urge just to write out my mind onto this blog. So here I am, writing under the influence of a cup of tea and "The Tragically Hip: Live Between Us." I guess it maybe takes some exhaustion to make me write without inhibition or apprehension.

Life is, to be perfectly honest, going surprisingly well. I am, for the most part, enjoying my classes. I have made a lot of new friends, and so far, thankfully, no enemies. I like my teachers, and I even find my classes somewhat interesting. My schedule is incredibly full; I am still working at Canadian Tire, and to a certain extent, I'm actually enjoying it. The store actually has an incredible amount of Christians there; it is not uncommon to see someone on break reading their Bible in the lunchroom. This strong Christian presence is a fascinating contrast to Kitchener-Waterloo. In one way it is a nice change; in another way, it makes it that much easier for one to take their Christian faith for granted.

I am still involved in and loving Muay Thai. As of September, I have been teaching the kid's classes basic Jujitsu grappling on Thursday nights. Thus far the classes have gone smoothly. The parents seem to like me, and, more importantly, so do the kids. They're a funny bunch. They range in age from four(?) to age twelve, so the classes have a fairly diverse group of ages. I am enjoying learning some new tricks and tips, although it is somewhat frustrating to have to change old habits that I don't necessarily want to change. I suppose the idea is to make the Muay Thai techniques second nature, just as it is with any other martial art.
(side note: would it be worth my while to start a second blog devoted solely to the martial arts? would any martial artists be interested in reading such a thing?)

Despite my terrifically busy schedule and many awesome activities with which to amuse myself, from time to time, I feel incredibly homesick. I miss everybody terribly, especially a certain pretty girl who I used to live nearby. I am hoping to come back soon, although I don't know exactly when. I will probably keep you updated about all developments.

Well that was my late night update. I think I've pretty much exhausted my creativity, so I will sign off here.

Brahm

3 Comments:

  • good post, i think that if you wanted to start a whole blog about martial arts that you should go for it. i might read it. lol. s0o0o0o0o... whos the pretty girl you mention? BRAHM HAS A CRUSH! lol ok ill stop. anyways yeah have a good day!
    love
    iara

    By Blogger Iara, At 5:28 PM  

  • now who needs to update lol

    By Blogger Iara, At 11:49 AM  

  • lol i'll update soon, i promise. i've just been busy... that's what they all say :P

    By Blogger Brahm, At 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home