crazed ninjas anonymous

Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Life as of Late

Yes, like I mentioned in my comment, I would update. Here it is, the much awaited update from Brahm. I apologize for not updating more frequently this fall; I have been fairly busy and have therefore fallen behind in my blogging. However, I will now fill you in on the recent happenings here in the Manitoba.

Life out here has been, well, cold lately. We have had a decent bit of snow, along with ridiculous cold winds that sweep through the city from the prairies. The winds make for miserable bikerides to school, work, and kickboxing. (Yes, I am still on my bike, even in the snow.) I have come down with a nasty head cold, and have been disgustingly congested all weekend. Hopefully I heal up quickly; I do not want to fall behind in school. So far I have done fairly well academically in school, and I want to keep that up.

Generally life is going well, although the endless cycle of work, school, and martial arts is somewhat exhausting. The last few weeks have for some reason felt much more hectic than others, so this weekend was a nice chance to relax. I did not have to work on Saturday, so I slept in until past noon. That sure felt good. I woke up, checked my email, and did my usual morning routine. After that, the mom and I went to St. Vital's in Winnipeg to do some shopping. Good times had by all. It was nice to get a dose of the city life which I have been deprived of, as well as a good cup of Starbucks. I ended up coming away with two CDs: Queen, Greatest Hits, and U2, Best of 1980-1990. I enjoy listening to those kinds of "Best Of: whatever" anthologies: I feel that they give you a well rounded look at a band's work. Plus they go on great sales. I also made my first major clothing purchase ever: I got a new cordoroy coat by Fahrenheit. It is an awesome coat, which I have lovingly named "Sexy." Sexy the coat. Yup.

Aside from the above, life is continuing as normal. I am happy and thankful to be alive in every aspect, be it public school, new coat, or nasty cold, and am learning more and more every day. I hope everyone reading is having a fantastic fall, feel free to drop me a line and say "hi." I like getting emails and comments lol. Well, until nextime.

3 Comments:

  • Brahm just a tip about winter biking and prarie windchill, learn to layer, a leather coat really cuts down the wind because it can not penitrate it, then wethre a hoodie or a fleace. In band wind I prefer the hoodie cause tith it and a good touque or headband your neck if covered. Also at a sportings good store, they have face masks for huntres, a neoprene guard to do the front of your neck up over our eyes. That was the gear I used when I lived in Ottawa and walked / biked all year round. Hope it helps.

    By Blogger Steven R. McEvoy, At 10:40 PM  

  • hey thanks for the tip Steve. yes, layering is definitely becoming a necessity out here, especially on a bike.

    By Blogger Brahm, At 6:32 AM  

  • I do recall you saying that you were going to put your birthday wish list up. cause you have to let me know or else i wont be able mail it on time and you wont get it on your birthday and then you will be sad. so do the right thing Brahm....post your b-day wish list

    By Blogger Iara, At 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home