crazed ninjas anonymous

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Brahm's Life in General as of Late

It's been an okay week. Nothing too horrible has happened, nothing too wonderful has happened either. Oh, the mediocrity of my existence. Or at least of my week. Jujitsu went well on Monday, Shawn was there to train with, which made the evening a lot more interesting. I haven't seen or trained with Shawn for a long time... he used to be a regular at our dojo, but nobody had seen him for awhile. It's nice to have him back, and to have someone willing and able to train hard.

Tonight I started reading "Hope In Hell: Inside the World of Doctors Without Borders." I bought the book a few months ago, but I'm just getting to reading it now. I'm about twenty pages into it, and am thoroughly enjoying it. It is fascinating to see people leave their comfortable western lives to work in the world's most dangerous areas. I am looking forward to reading more and hearing about the motives behind these doctor's actions. The book is by Dan Bortolotti. See www.danbortolotti.com for more by the same author, and www.doctorswithoutborders.com for more about the organization itself.

The day of the big move is quickly approaching. I have seen a few pictures of the house to which I am moving... it is a beautiful place. I will have my own room, and there will be a firepit in the backyard. However, I am torn apart inside to leave this place. I have lived here for what seems like an eternity, and I suppose I am still in love with the area. I will miss my old friends; I will miss my jujitsu club; i will even miss this dump of a neighborhood. I will miss my girlfriend terribly... it hurts to be away from someone who means so much to you. Some would/have advised me that it would be best to break up here, forget about it, and just carry on there. I told them in Christian love to go to hell. Not really... i just didn't take their advice. The truth is, any girl that I could possibly end up with out west just would not be her. I risk sounding cliche by saying that she's the only one I want, and nobody else. I should start packing soon... I really don't want to... I'd much rather just leave it until the last minute and just deny that all this is happening in the meantime. It's a horrible idea, but I'm tempted to do it nonetheles. It will be interesting to adjust to a new area and even probably a new culture... there will (hopefully) be many new things to see and cool people to meet.

As for the rest of the week and the weekend, it promises to be interesting. Tomorrow morning I am going to mass with Steve and another guy named Grant, and then we are going to Mel's Diner for breakfast. It will also be my girlfriend's 17nth birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY IARA! I have tried to find the perfect present... i thought of it, then went out to buy it, but there was nowhere that had it in stock... but i will find the perfect birthday present. There will also be Relay for Life tomorrow through Saturday. That will be a fun and exciting event... Iara and all her friends will be there, and it will also be our (mine and Iara's) three-months. In the meantime, I wil probably spend some more time reading blogs and web-surfing until I lose coherence and/or sanity. I bid thee farewell, dear reader.

2 Comments:

  • tee hee! its my birthday! and i am now dating a younger man lol! woot!
    oh brahm i will miss you terribly aswell. but we will make it i promise, cause there is nobody else out there like you and i am willing to work through anything to keep you, and i can be pretty determined once i find something that i like/want/want to keep lol.
    i would have liked to see you try to dump me lol! nah i probably wouldnt have put up much resistance, i may have hit you though.. lol no i wouldnt, sorry i'm just giddy. and you dont have to worry about getting me the perfect present lol. you could giftwrap yourself and i would consider that a perfect present. lol (sorry that was mushy, but i'm not deleting it!) lol yay relay for life!
    HAPPY 3 MONTHS!
    I *heart* you!

    By Blogger Iara, At 9:29 PM  

  • Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home