crazed ninjas anonymous

Thursday, February 22, 2007

First Week Back

It's been one whole week since I got back from Waterloo. It's kind of crazy: it really feels like it was such a long time ago that I was with everyone in Waterloo, but it's only really been a few days. It's strange how distance and time play with the senses the way they do.

I'm finally back at Muay Thai, getting back into shape for my much-awaited fight. I am supposed to be at 155lbs for the fight. Right now I am at around 164. This leaves me with approximately three and a half weeks to drop nine pounds. This calls for lots and lots of running. My cardio is getting back up to speed after my little hiatus. The first class back was brutal; my heart was pounding, and my lungs felt like they were going to explode out of my chest. Fortunately for me, it's getting better, and the running is starting to come more easily. My two biggest challenges in training for this fight will be (1) nutrition, and (2) my technical game. I am a sucker for junk food. I can will myself to train harder or to run faster, but not to resist a big bowl of chocolate iced cream. The next couple weeks I will be forcing myself to live off of healthy stuff. Oh, the things we do in the name of the sport. My technical game, especially my grappling, is one of my greatest weaknesses. While I can hold my own in a grappling match, I often have trouble being the assertive opponent; I tend to end up on my back, defending myself from the ground up. In the following weeks I will hopefully be working with a Brazillian Jiu Jitsu artist, improving on my ground and clinch work.

The week is finally over. Due to an in-service day, there is no school tomorrow morning. The only thing on tomorrow's agenda is work from 5 until 9. Otherwise, I am free to do as I please. And by do as I please, I mean finish up some homework and do some things that I've been putting off.

Hopefully you're all having a great week, drop me a line and/or comment and tell me what you've been up to. All the best.

1 Comments:

  • NOOOO! i missed you!.. ok i so came online like minuits after you came offline think

    By Blogger Iara, At 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home