crazed ninjas anonymous

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Happenin's of Brahm

So my computer is back up. YEAH! I'm writing a blog post here to update everybody a little bit more in-depth of what has been going on here. We arrived here just over two weeks ago; however, our junk was almost a week behind us, so we were sort of camping out in our new house for a few days. We arrived here on a Thursday, and our stuff came on the following Tuesday. Oh well. But it was good to finally get set up and begin to feel somewhat moved in. We met our new neighbors to the right, Myron and Cheryl. They have a son in his twenties (who lives nearby in a house with some other college-aged guys... funny story from that house, will tell later on in the post) and a daughter my age who lives with them.
On my first night here I found a Judo dojo, and watched their class for an hour. During that hour I decided that Judo, while an interesting sport, is not for me. I am used to jujitsu... I want brutality.... judo grabs someone by the collar and throws them down... jujitsu kicks them in the throat, throws them down, then twists their leg until a submission. yay jujitsu. The next Tuesday, however, I found a kickboxing club and did a free trial class with them. It was brutal. We were led through a fairly intense workout which left me soaked with sweat. Then the teacher points to the whiteboard and says, "on the board is the assignement you have to do before you move on to the rest of the class." And on the board there is a list of exercises: 2oo pushups, 1oo situps, 5o crunches, 1o tuck-jumps, and a whole bunch of other things. I did everything except for 100 pushups. And I thought I was in such great shape....
The next night, Wednesday, I was on my porch playing guitar when the neighbor girl'l boyfriend came over. We introduced ourselves and all that jazz, he played my guitar, then I hung out with his girlfriend and him. We went for a bikeride, and went to Tim Horton's. I also hung out with them on the weekend. We went to Rhandi's (the neighbor girl's) older brothers house for Canada day and hung out there. They all had cool guitars, and some of them had pet snakes. One of the guys had a mini dirtbike, which we all rode. It was a REALLY cool bike... it was youth-sized, and went pretty fast. I decided it would be a really good idea to "impress the guys" by taking the thing as fast as i could get it to go up and down the street. While going ridiculously fast, I tried to swerve to avoid some mud. The bike, however, went out from under me, and I fell face first into the mud, skidding on my chest/arms (i was wearing no shirt and no helmet) for about 4 yards. I got up covered in mud/blood, and drove the bike back to the house. When the guys saw me, they were horrified by what had happened to their foolish new friend; they sent me into the shower to clean the mud off of me, and that's where I realized how painful the accident actually was. After the painful deal of getting the mud out of my open wounds, I emerged from the shower and was assured that they were going to find something to clean me up with. Unfortunately, rubbing alcohol was the best they had, and they all laughed at me as I jumped up and down and screamed in pain. Eventually they took me to their next door neighbor, who used to be a nurse. She cleaned me up properly, and bandaged my wounds. I have bloodied up my elbow, my abdomen, and my leg. Fortunately, they are all healing well.
Nothing else has really happened that is worth reporting. Rhandi took Tom and me into Winnipeg to see the city, we had a nice time. The grandparents are here for a visit, we are enjoying their company. I am planning to travel back to the 'loo in the near future, so hopefully I will see you all soon.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home