crazed ninjas anonymous

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Latest...

An update to this blog was requested by this drop-dead gorgeous girl that I know, and I really can't help myself when it comes to that kind of thing. So again, I find myself writing a blog just because she told me to. It's a wonderful system; in fact, I highly reccomend it.

Life goes on as usual; I shall be finished with school soon, and then I shall begin my packing. I realized that I have exactly three weeks as of today until I leave. Next Tuesday I go to Iara's athletic banquet; the Tuesday after that will be the end-of-year party at youth; the Tuesday after that, I will have left. The thought of it sort of mellows me out; sometimes I am simply overwhelmed with nostalgia as I walk the familiar routes to the store, to a friend's house, etc. Yes, it will be nice to get out and explore something totally new; but on the same token, it hurts like hell to leave. You never fully realized how attached you are until you have to let it go. I will definitely miss this place; I will miss my favorite biking trails and walking paths; I will miss the Rec Center; I will miss Chapters with that bloody Starbucks where I've wasted so many Saturday afternoons; I will miss the ten hours a week that I should've spent doing homework but used for Jujitsu instead; I will miss our crazy dojo. The kids from Jujitsu threw me a farewell party on Sunday night. It was a really special time. One of the student's fathers barbequed hamburgers, and over dinner, we played Jujitsu/Dojo/Brahm trivia. They also had a surprise for me: there was a row of approximately fifteen balloons attached to the mantlepiece in the basement, and I was told to pop them all, with one of them designated to be popped last. Using Sensei's pocket knife, I stabbed the first one open. (I actually used an assortment of knife strikes to pop the balloons. It was a lot of fun.) As the first one popped, a wad of cash fell out. As I continued popping the balloons, more and more money kept falling out. In the last one was a note writting by Laura assuring me that I will be missed, and telling me to use the money to come back for a visit. I am hoping to come back sometime in August, possibly for Iara's and my six-months. I can come back and party and get some training done with my Shinki Ryu friends. It will be a good time.

I think my parents think there's something wrong with me; more specifically, I think they think I'm depressed. Well, maybe not my mom. But I think my dad thinks/knows so. I'm pretty sure I'm verging on depressed. Not in any serious way, just mildly. Not as much as a lot of people think/though that I am/was. I was depressed fairly seriously in March; it was mainly my jujitsu friends who noticed and helped. Sensei gave me a decent talking to about my attitude, I apologized to everyone for being an ass-hat. They forgave me, and I proceeded to have a really awesome couple of weeks, just enjoying life. I guess I've just mellowed out significantly over the past few months. With the move being really, really close, I am feeling a profound sadness about leaving.


Black belt testing is on Saturday, and there is a few of us going for shodan in iaido. (for the unindoctrinated, that means blackbelt in swordfighting.) I am not so much nervous as I am excited. I am excited to see all of my Shinki-Ryu Jujitsu extended family again; I am excited to get another piece of paper saying I kicked butt. I am excited to wear a dress. Yes, I just said that I'm excited to wear a dress. For swordfighting, we are required to wear Japanese trousers called hamama. They are extrememly baggy pants. My pair is a little bit long, so I find myself tripping in them when I try to walk. I thoroughly enjoy them. Tying them, however, is another story.

I have nothing left that I am currently inclined to discuss with you, my dear reader. I trust this post satisfies curiousity. I apologize if it does not do justice to all mentioned.

3 Comments:

  • Depressed? Hahahaha. Welcome to the world of having Maier blood coursing through your veins. You will learn such techniques as watching caffeine intake, getting enough sleep, exercising, being sarcastic, overworking yourself, reading a lot of "Jeremiah" and "Lamentations", etc. to deal with it.
    I'm sorry to hear you are thus afflicted. Hope it's just because of the move.
    That party sounds great. You have so many people who clearly care for you so much.
    Aunt S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:47 PM  

  • probably just because of the move... hey, do you have a blog? Graeme's blog is AWESOMELY hilarious.. especially the post about the big v.

    By Blogger Brahm, At 9:05 PM  

  • I do not have a blog. It would be oh so boring if I blogged. Kinda like the movie Groundhog Day. I let G. take care of the ha-has for our household.
    Aunt S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home