crazed ninjas anonymous

Monday, June 05, 2006


Update

<-muay thai guys kicking the crap out of eachother

My greatly anticipated martial-arts weekend has passed. This annual event of black belt testing was hosted by the Cambridge dojo on June the 3rd/4th. My good friend Laura got her full nidan rank in Shinki Ryu Jujitsu, with Laura, Kevin, Sara, Sensei Guenther, S. Calhoun and myself all receiving our shodans in Hiden Mugei Ryu Iaido. (all the stuff you probably couldn't comprehend was in Japanese. figure it out for yourself.) All in all, it was a great weekend. To celebrate, "team Waterloo" ate out at the Mongolian Grill after the promotion ceremony. It was a really great time. I realize that this will be my last test in Shinki Ryu, at least for awhile. I wouldn't have had the weekend any other way.

All in all things have been going well. Friday night I hung out with Iara. We finished a movie "The Brothers Grimm" then went for a walk. When we got back I read Iara's little sister "Something Good," by Robert Munsch. I hope my rendition was adaquete for a four year old's bedtime story. The aforementioned weekend went well, today was fine, too. School will soon be over for me, and then begins my summer. I looked online for martial arts clubs near the town I'll be living in, and I found a Muay Thai place down the road from me. Hopefully I find a place where I can continue my training and not lose my touch. I think Muay Thai would be a lot of fun. My friend Laura thinks I would be good at Muay Thai. She's a pretty good martial artist. I think she also watches UFC, so she would know. In any case, I want to keep improving and growing as a martial artist.

I realize that this post has been devoted nearly entirely to my martial arts. To those who were looking for something different, I'm sorry, I'll write something for you later. For those of you who happen to be my martial arts buddies who tested with me this weekend, WE FRICKING ROCK! see everyone around.

2 Comments:

  • Oi. Haven't had an update in a while...it's been more than a week. Hope to hear an update soon!
    ANNIE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:11 AM  

  • so i updated my blog, when are you gonna update yours?

    By Blogger Iara, At 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home