crazed ninjas anonymous

Monday, July 17, 2006

Ow.. Ow My Legs... Ow

First day back at Muay Thai after the little hiatus. We are now in a big, bright facility that we share with a church group. It is nice and spacious. The coach had us sprinting across and back the room, doing pushups in between. These classes will put me back into serious shape. All the running and the kicking has left me rather sore. I'm getting old.... but not really. Muay Thai is a lot of fun; physically, it is much more demanding than jujitsu. Technically, however, it is much simpler, which is nice for a guy like me!

Things are going well, I've been hanging out with some new friends and enjoying their company. It's sort of strange interacting with people who already have their local social networks and relationships in place. It is strange being the newcomer. It is strange being the outsider. However, people are friendly and welcoming, and I'm enjoying getting to know everyone around here. It is also a nice area. It is a bit too flat for my tastes, but it is beautiful nonetheless. Apparently there are some good biking trails at Sandilands Park, which is near our town. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some quality cycling this summer.

My cousins are here now, they are staying until Friday. Seem like cool guys. It will be fun to hang out with them and reconnect. Hopefully all goes well. (funny story I convinced my uncle to drive down the wrong side of the road on the shoulder because he missed a turn. He did it and an RCMP officer saw, then came and had a little chat with him. man that guy gets giddy around cops :p) hopefully everyone's doing well. Despite the fun of making new relationships and connections, I miss you all terribly, and can't wait to see everyone again.

1 Comments:

  • YAY! its a real update! woot... finally something i can read lol. jk. good update there brahmige i'm proud of you =P
    love, iara

    By Blogger Iara, At 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home